Open Access Policy
All research articles published in Element Open Access journals are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes. The license is subject to the Element Open Access Terms & conditions.
Definition of Open Access Publication from Bethesda Statement on Open Access
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
- The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
- A complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable open access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving.
- Open access is a property of individual works, not necessarily journals or publishers.
- Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work, as they do now.
Copyright & License
All Element Open Access journal articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by an Element Open Access journal is retained by the author(s).
Authors grant Element a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
The Element Open Access Agreement formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing research articles.
Element Open Access Terms and Conditions
All research articles published in Element Open Access journals are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes. The license is subject to the Element Open Access terms and conditions:
Element Open Access articles are protected by copyright and are posted to repositories and websites in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial License. At the time of deposit, Element Open Access articles include all changes made during peer review, copyediting, and publishing. Repositories and websites that host the article are responsible for incorporating any publisher-supplied amendments or retractions issued subsequently. Element Open Access articles are also available without charge on Element's publishing platform, Element Web or any successor sites.
Use by non-commercial users
For non-commercial and non-promotional purposes individual users may access, download, copy, display and redistribute to colleagues Element Open Access articles, as well as adapt, translate, text- and data-mine the content subject to the following conditions:
- The authors' moral rights are not compromised. These rights include the right of "paternity" (also known as "attribution" - the right for the author to be identified as such) and "integrity" (the right for the author not to have the work altered in such a way that the author's reputation or integrity may be impugned).
- Where content in the article is identified as belonging to a third party, it is the obligation of the user to ensure that any reuse complies with the copyright policies of the owner of that content.
- If article content is copied, downloaded or otherwise reused for non-commercial research and education purposes, a link to the appropriate bibliographic citation (authors, journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version on Element Web should be maintained. Copyright notices and disclaimers must not be deleted.
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Element has not been agreed, must prominently display the statement: "This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in a Element publication. The publisher has not endorsed this translation."
Use by commercial "for-profit" organizations
Use of Element Open Access articles for commercial, promotional, or marketing purposes requires further explicit permission from Element (email@example.com) and will be subject to a fee. Commercial purposes include:
- Copying or downloading of articles, or linking to such articles for further redistribution, sale or licensing;
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee (for example, a compilation produced for marketing purposes, inclusion in a sales pack);
- Use of article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes;
- Linking to article content in e-mails redistributed for promotional, marketing or educational purposes;
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial exploitation such as marketing products.
- Print reprints of Element Open Access articles can be purchased from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Element Open Access articles posted to repositories or websites are without warranty from Element of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. To the fullest extent permitted by law Element disclaims all liability for any loss or damage arising out of, or in connection, with the use of or inability to use the content.
What are Element’s Open Access journals?
Element Open Access journals are fully open access journals publishing peer reviewed, well-designed, well-reported research. Authors pay an article publication fee to make the paper freely available. Submissions will be rigorously peer reviewed. The following journals have open Access status:
- Journal of Mathematical Inequalities (ISSN: 1846-579X)
- Differential Equations and Applications (ISSN: 1847-120X)
- Journal of Classical Analysis (ISSN: 1848-5979)
- Fractional Differential Calculus (ISSN: 1847-9677)
What are the benefits of publishing in Element Open Access journals?
- Prestige - The journals are associated with some of Element’s highest impact, most prestigious journals.
- Speed - Referred and accepted papers can be published within 30 days, if there are no revisions and the publication fee has been received.
- Efficiency - Referred papers will not require re-writing or reformatting, and swift publication decisions will be made for most papers on the basis of reviews already conducted, further increasing publication speed and reducing work for authors and reviewers.
- Visibility - Element Open Access Journals will be available on Element Web at <www.ele-math.com>. With open access papers appearing in search results on this platform (in addition to other platforms), authors can expect wide visibility for their papers.
What types of research will Element’s Open Access Journals publish?
The journals will publish peer-reviewed, well-reported, well-designed, original primary research papers that make an incremental contribution to the understanding of a field.
How do I submit my paper to a Element Open Access Journal?
Papers can be submitted directly to the journals through Element Author Web Interface. During the process the author will be able to select the appropriate journal best suiting his paper's field of research.
What is the copyright policy for Element’s Open Access journals?
All articles will be published under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial license (CC BY-NC). Authors retain the copyright for their work and sign an agreement granting Element the rights to publish.
Will the journals be indexed in MathSciNet, ZMATH, SCI, CC?
Element Open Access journals will deposit all articles into relevant indexes upon publication of an online issue, on a monthly basis. Once your article is deposited, they will become searchable as soon as possible. Element will also apply for other abstract and indexing services that are appropriate for each journal.
Will Element Open Access journals have an Impact Factor?
Yes, for some of the Element Open Access journals. We aim to submit our journals to all appropriate indexing services, including ISI Web of Science. We aim to publish work of sufficient merit so that each journal will be indexed by ISI Web of Science and therefore become eligible for an Impact Factor in due course.
What is the editorial structure for the journals?
Each journal has an editor-in-chief, associate editors and editorial boards consisting of experts in the fields that are included in the scope of the journal. The internal editorial structure includes a publisher, managing editor and editorial assistant to facilitate the publications process.
How are editorial decisions made?
The editor-in-chief will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality of each journal. He/she will make final accept/reject decisions with support from the associate editors and editorial boards.
How long is the review process?
The review process lasts usually up to two or three months, but this strongly depends on particular paper. We aim to make publication decisions on referred manuscripts within 72 hours, providing there are no revisions. Articles can be published within 30 days of acceptance, provided that the article publication fee has been received and galley proofs are returned on time.
Manuscript Transfer Program.
Papers which are sent to one of Element’s journals and which have positive opinion of referees and corresponding editors maybe will not be accepted for publication – it depends of the stock of already accepted papers. Such papers can be transferred, under author(s) permission to another Element’s Open Access Journal. Papers referred from other Element journals that have already undergone peer-review will be considered in the light of the original reviewers’ comments. Authors can choose to automatically transfer and submit their paper, along with the related reviews, to the appropriate Element Open Access journal editors. Papers do not need to be reformatted and publication is possible within 30 days. We anticipate that a minority of referred papers may need an additional review report to supplement those reviews carried over from the original journal, in which case authors will be informed.
How much does it cost to publish in a Element Open Access journal?
To publish open access articles in Element Open Access journals, there is an Article Publication Charge. The Article Publication Charge, or APC, is the price an author, funder or institution pays on acceptance for publication of an open access article.
What are the Article Publication Charges for Element’s Open Access journals?
Article Publication Charges depends on the journal. The exact amount can be found on submission page for each journal. Please note that some Element Open Access Journal are completely free of charge. Also, discounts can be available for authors of ordered papers, members of participating society journals submitting articles directly, and authors within certain funding institutions. Authors will be invited to pay upon acceptance of theirs paper.
Are fee waivers available?
Fee waivers are available for authors in countries where the GNI is below $1250 - List of countries.
To cover publication costs Ele-Math Open Access journals charge a publication fee.
Ele-Math Open Access journals publication fees:
Journal of Mathematical Inequalities: US$650 / €500
Discount eligibility Discounts are available on publication fees, which are outlined below. The single highest discount applies (discounts are exclusive of each other and cannot be accumulated).
|Discount Reference||Discount Amount||Description||Qualifying Journals|
|Referee’s discount||20%||Author who was a referee of this Journal in the last 12 months.||Journal of Mathematical Inequalities|
Publication charge waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will be granted if the author does not have the genuine ability to pay. Automatic waivers will be given to authors from the Ele-Math Open Access Waiver Country List. Authors should submit a waiver request during the submission of their article.
Taxes on publication charges
Authors resident in any of the countries of the European Union have to add Value-Added Tax (VAT, currently 20%). Institutions paying the fee on behalf of the author can in most cases have the VAT refunded, or, by providing their VAT registration number, avoid paying VAT altogether.
Payment of publication charges
When submitting an article to a Element’s Open Access journal, the submitting author must agree to pay the publication charge minus any eligible discount (or request a waiver). After acceptance the article will enter the production cycle and the author will be asked to pay the publication charge for the journal minus any eligible discount. When final formatting corrections are made and the author approves their article for publication, payment of the publication charge must be received before the article will be published online.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- Credit card payment can be made online using a secure payment form.
- Cheque, purchase order, or institutional invoice (payment is due within 30 days).
Prompt payment is advised, as the article will not be published until payment is received.
You will be quoted/charged our US Dollars or Euro rate dependant on your location as follows:
- Euro €: Euro Zone
- US Dollars $: All other countries
Ele-Math Open Access Waiver Country List
Ele-Math Open Access journals provide an automatic waiver to authors based in any of the following countries:
- Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia (Federated States of)
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Moldova
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Viet Nam
- West Bank and Gaza Strip